Emergency Work Orders - after normal working hours
In the event of any one of the emergencies below, residents should call anytime, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week:
Residents will be charged a nuisance fee if the emergency number is dialed and the situation does not fall under the emergency items listed below.
- Apartment front or rear entry doors
- If not shutting and/or locking, this is an emergency issue.
- Water heater or refrigerator not working Saturday or Sunday.
- The commode stopped up/not flushing correctly
- If you only have one commode, this is considered an emergency issue.
- No heat in your apartment is an emergency issue if the outside temperature is below 55 degrees.
- DO NOT use stove/range as a heat source.
- Issues that are life-threatening or hazardous to health or cause major damage to the inside or outside of the apartment.
- Electric shorts in outlets (smoking, sparks, etc.)
- Waterline is broken
- The line cannot be shut off
- Lost Keys - locked out of the apartment
- If you have locked yourself out of your apartment or lost your keys - neither is an emergency.